Watermelon and Arugula with Lime Pepper Drizzle
YIELD: 6-8 servings PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 pound seedless watermelon (cut into 1 inch thick wedges)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ½ teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (first cold press olive oil is preferred)
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup cooked baby shrimp (optional)
Zest the lime and set aside for later. Squeeze the lime. Use 1 teaspoon of lime juice for the salad dressing and set aside the remaining lime juice to drizzle over watermelon slices. Whisk together the olive oil, 1 teaspoon lime juice, ½ teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt.
Place watermelon slices on a large plate or place slices on individual small plates if you plan to serve this as a side salad. Drizzle the remaining lime juice over all the watermelon slices. Sprinkle all the slices with the lime zest, 1 teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt. Top each watermelon slice with a few leaves of arugula. Optionally, you can also sprinkle with shallot slices, feta cheese, and/or baby shrimp at this point. Drizzle with Lime Pepper dressing and enjoy!
For a quicker version, slice the watermelon and drizzle with lime juice. Sprinkle with lime zest, Aleppo Pepper, and Maldon Smoked Sea Salt.
Maldon Smoked Sea Salt Aleppo Pepper
This can be served as a quick and easy, cool and refreshing side dish on a hot day.