Strawberry and Asparagus Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
YIELD: 4 small servings PREP TIME: 10 min COOK TIME: 2 min TOTAL TIME: 12 min
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 ounces spring green salad mix
- ¼ cup strawberries, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- ¼ cup Spice Your Life Hojiblanca Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Your Life 18-Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Spice Your Life French Mustard and Herb Blend
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water
Bring 2 inches of water to boil in a medium-sized pot over high heat. Add the asparagus and boil for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes, remove asparagus to a bowl of ice cold water using a slotted spoon. Drain the water and cover the asparagus with more ice cold water. Set aside.
While the water is heating, make the dressing. Combine the oil, balsamic vinegar, French Mustard and Herb Seasoning, minced garlic, sea salt, and water. Whisk until well combined.
Put salad greens into salad bowls and top with strawberries and goat cheese. Remove asparagus from water and pat dry using paper towels. Place asparagus pieces onto salads in each bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the top of each individual salad.
Serve and enjoy!
French Mustard and Herb Blend
18-Year Balsamic Vinegar
Hojiblanca Olive Oil