Spring Greens Salad with French Shallot and Herb Vinaigrette
YIELD: 2 servings PREP TIME: 10 min
- Spring greens salad mix (small container, enough for 2 salads)
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 3 stalks scallions, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled (we really like Bon Appetit’s method that steams eggs in a metal steamer basket to suspend eggs above ½ inch of boiling water for 10-12 minutes)
French Shallot & Herb Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cranberry Pear Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon French Shallot & Herb Blend
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together Eureka Lemon Olive Oil, Cranberry Pear Vinegar, and French Shallot & Herb Blend. This dressing is best if prepared ahead of time because that allows the flavors to meld.
Place spring greens mix, capers, and diced scallions in individual salad bowls and mix using salad tongs. Slice 1 hard boiled egg into quarters and place on top. Drizzle with the French Shallot & Herb Vinaigrette and serve.
The French Shallot & Herb Vinaigrette will have the best flavor if you prepare it at least a few hours before using. It can be stored in the refrigerator a few days before using.
French Mustard and Herb Blend
Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
Cranberry Pear Vinegar