Spiced Tomato Jam
YIELD: 1 ¾ cups PREP TIME: 5-10 min COOKING TIME: 2 hours
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored with seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chardonnay Smoked Sea Salt (can substitute Kosher salt)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Spanish Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes
Combine all of the ingredients in a 3 to 4 quart stockpot or Dutch oven. Over medium-high heat bring the mixture to a boil while stirring at intervals with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to prevent burning. Next, reduce to medium-low heat and continue cooking gently for about 2 hours until the mixture is thickened and has the consistency of jam.
Smoked Sea Salt Cumin Paprika Aleppo Pepper
Spiced tomato jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.