Spiced Tomato Jam
YIELD: 1 ¾ cups PREP TIME: 5-10 min COOKING TIME: 2 hours
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored with seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes
Combine all of the ingredients in a 3 to 4 quart stockpot or Dutch oven. Over medium-high heat bring the mixture to a boil while stirring at intervals with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to prevent burning. Next, reduce to medium-low heat and continue cooking gently for about 2 hours until the mixture is thickened and has the consistency of jam.
Sweet Smoked Paprika
Aleppo Pepper Flakes
Spiced tomato jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.