Spiced Avocado Chocolate Mousse
YIELD: 2 servings PREP TIME: 5 min TOTAL TIME: 5 min
- 1 ripe medium-sized avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup + 4 teaspoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Vietnamese Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Berbere Spice Blend
- Pinch of salt to taste
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend at high speed until completely smooth. Enjoy!
For the best result, make sure avocados used for this recipe are ripe and soft. If you can’t find date syrup you can substitute agave syrup but the final product will be slightly less sweet. To make this a vegan recipe, substitute carob chips for the chocolate chips. This recipe can be made ahead and stored in your refrigerator. When stored in the refrigerator overnight or longer, the Berbere Spice flavor intensifies to give this pudding a wonderfully warming --- not painfully hot --- heat.
Berbere Spice Blend
Vietnamese Mountain Cinnamon