Savory Za'atar Nuts
YIELD: 3-4 servings PREP TIME: 10 min COOK TIME: 45 min
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup roasted whole almonds
- 1 cup roasted whole pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Za’atar Spice Blend
- ¼ to 1/3 teaspoon Aleppo Pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt (to taste)
Preheat oven to 250°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
Using a blender at high speed, whisk the egg white until light and frothy. Stir in the nuts by hand until they are coated with egg white.
In a separate small bowl combine the sesame seeds, Greek Oregano, Za’atar Spice Blend, and Aleppo Pepper flakes. Sprinkle the spice blend over the nuts and stir to coat. Arrange nuts on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle Maldon Smoked Sea Salt evenly over the top of the nut and spice blend. Bake for 45 minutes until nuts and spices release their combined fragrance. Then remove from oven and cool. If desired, spray lightly with a flavorful olive oil.
When cool, break the nuts apart and place into serving bowls.
Za'atar Spice Blend
Maldon Smoked Sea Salt