Roasted Cauliflower with Pilpelchuma
YIELD: 2 servings PREP TIME: 45 min
- ½ head cauliflower (~4 cups of florets)
- 3/8 cup Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Spice Your Life Pilpelchuma
- ¼ cup Moroccan black olives (can substitute a different savory black olive if you can’t find Moroccan black olives)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (can use 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed)
- 2 ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped into small to medium sized pieces
- 3/8 teaspoon cumin seed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place cauliflower florets in a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with 1/8 cup of Garlic Olive Oil (set aside the remaining ¼ cup oil to use in the next step). Toss together to mix and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with half the Kosher salt and roast for 15 minutes until cauliflower is just starting to brown.
To the same bowl used above, add the Pilpelchuma Spice Blend, Moroccan olives, garlic paste, lemon juice, the remaining salt, and the remaining ¼ cup of Garlic Olive Oil. Whisk together until well blended.
Remove the partially roasted cauliflower from the oven after it has roasted for 15 minutes and sprinkle with cumin seed and prosciutto. Gently mix to blend ingredients. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese. Return baking sheet to the oven and continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes.
When the cheese is turning golden brown and crunchy and the cauliflower is tender, remove baking sheet from the oven, drizzle with the olive dressing, and toss gently to mix. If desired, add more Pilpelchuma, salt, or lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with chopped Italian Parsley before serving.
Garlic Olive Oil