Roasted Carrots with Garam Masala and Honey
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 10 min COOKING TIME: 20 min
- 1 pound carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Spice Your Life Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 cloves grated garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Spice Your Life Garam Masala
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh mint or cilantro leaves for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Put a light coating of olive oil on a baking sheet
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, honey, garam masala, salt and pepper.
- Toss the carrots in the mixture until they’re well coated and place them on the baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots for about 20 minutes until they are tender, but not mushy.
- Place the roasted carrots on a serving plate and garnish with some chopped mint or cilantro leaves.
As an alternative to oven roasting the carrots, you can always pan sauté them in the olive oil. The garam masala pairs particularly well with the blood orange olive oil, so use that if possible.