Orange and Avocado Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette
YIELD: 6-8 servings PREP TIME: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped or pureed
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo Pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons of a good olive oil (such as First Cold Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 naval oranges
- 3 blood oranges
- 1 large avocado (ripe but firm)
- 3/4 cup finely sliced radicchio and cabbage
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
Combine first 10 ingredients in a small to medium sized bowl. Then whisk in the oil until the ingredients are combined. Adjust the flavors to taste by adding additional ingredients as desired. Set dressing aside to allow flavors to combine.
Peel and remove most of the pith from the oranges. Then slice the oranges into 1/4 inch thick round cross sections and place onto individual plates. Cut the avocado in half and remove the skin and pit from both halves. Slice the lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices using a sharp knife. Place the avocado slices onto individual plates with the orange slices.
Drizzle the dressing over the orange and avocado slices. Spread the sliced radicchio, cabbage greens, and pistachio nuts over the top. Enjoy!