Korean Black Garlic Shrimp and Noodle Salad
YIELD: 2 large servings
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 teaspoons Korean Black Garlic Seasoning
- 8 raw shrimp, 15-20 count size
- 1 package pre-washed romaine salad blend (we use the Mediterranean Salad Blend from Costco)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 package Kame Hong Kong Express Rice Noodles (or 5.3 ounces of cooked rice noodles)
Whisk together 3 tablespoons of the Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar, 4 tablespoons of the Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil, and 4 teaspoons of the Korean Black Garlic Seasoning to make the salad dressing.
Plate 1 ½ to 2 cups of the salad blend into each salad bowl.
Heat the Kame Hong Kong Express Rice Noodles per package directions. Place the noodles on top of the salad greens in each bowl. Drizzle ½ the dressing on top of each bowl and mix with a tongs to coat the lettuce and noodles evenly with dressing.
Pour 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes per side, until they are no longer translucent and become pink. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds at the end of cooking.
After the shrimp are done cooking, plate half the shrimp on top of each salad and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top.
The salad dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
Korean Black Garlic Seasoning
Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil