Israeli Haricots Verts with Ras el Hanout
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 30 min COOK TIME: 6-12 min
- 1/4 cup good Extra Virgin Olive Oil (like First Cold Press Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pureed garlic
- 1 tablespoon pureed ginger
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- Maldon Smoked Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound haricots verts green beans, washed and trimmed
Puree 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and cilantro until smooth. Set aside to allow flavors to mix.
In a large nonstick frying pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until the oil is hot. Add the haricots verts and fry until tender and just beginning to blister.
Place fried haricots verts into a large heat resistant bowl, drizzle with cilantro dressing, sprinkle the ras el hanout on top, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sliced apricots, chopped cashews, Maldon Smoked Sea Salt, and mint leaves. Toss gently to distribute toppings and serve.
Ras el Hanout
Maldon Smoked Sea Salt