Hot Turmeric Saffron Milk
YIELD: 1 serving PREP TIME: 2 min COOK TIME: 4 min
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, cow’s milk, or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a few strands of saffron
Add honey to milk in a small saucepan and gently warm the mixture until it is almost boiling. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the turmeric, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and black pepper. Pour mixture into a mug and sprinkle a few strands of saffron on top.
Turmeric Ginger Cardamom Cinnamon
This hot beverage is delicious without saffron too.