Herbs de Provence and Balsamic Roasted Chicken
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 10 min COOK TIME: 35 min
- 4-6 pieces of chicken ~4-6 ounces each (dark or light meat, with or without skin)
- Spice Your Life Peppercorn Melange, freshly ground (can substitute Tellicherry Peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoon Spice Your Life Herbs de Provence Blend
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Spice Your Life 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Spice Your Life olive oil (we like Basil, Lemon, Garlic, or any of our unflavored olive oils).
Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse and pat chicken dry. Rub both sides with salt and pepper. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, prepare the Herb-Balsamic Dressing by whisking Herbs de Provence, honey, and 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar into the oil.
After the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and brush with Herb-Balsamic Dressing. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 more minutes until internal temp is 165°F.
Remove chicken from oven and turn on broiler. Brush the rest of the Herb-Balsamic Dressing onto the chicken and broil for 1-2 minutes on each side until the dressing has carmelized somewhat.
If desired, make a second batch of Herb Balsamic Dressing to drizzle on your baked chicken at the table.
Herbs de Provence Blend
18 Year Balsamic Vinegar