Hearts of Palm Ceviche
YIELD: 4 small servings PREP TIME: 15 min
- 1 cup hearts of palm (sliced into ¼” thick rounds or into 1” inch lengths if using hearts of palm noodles [see Note below])
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into ¼” thick slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced into ~1/4” thick slices
- 2 teaspoons Spice Your Life Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Spice Your Life Aleppo Pepper Flakes (optional, for extra heat)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup, or more to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
Roughly chop the onion and red pepper slices into ~1” lengths (final pieces will be ~1/4” x 1”).
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped hearts of palm, onion, red pepper, Chili Lime Seasoning, and agave syrup. Add Aleppo Pepper Flakes if you desire extra heat. Drizzle with lime juice and add salt to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro and stir.
Serve immediately or marinate for 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, stir in the remaining ½ tablespoon of chopped cilantro and top with chopped avocado if desired.
We like to use Palmini noodles, which are noodle-shaped pieces of Hearts of Palm, for this recipe and as a healthy substitute for pasta in other recipes. Hearts of Palm noodles are available for purchase online, at Costco, and at other specialty food stores. When substituting for pasta, we sauté the noodles in a flavored olive oil before adding them to the pasta dish.
Chili Lime Seasoning
Aleppo Pepper Flakes