Guinness Irish Chili
YIELD: 4-6 servings PREP TIME: 20 min COOK TIME: 60 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 4 chopped celery stalks
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Dark Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-16 oz can of Guinness
- 1 19 oz can of red kidney beans drained
- Optional toppings: grated cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the celery, peppers, and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the ground beef (or turkey) to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir the chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, adobo seasoning, and cinnamon into the pot. Add the tomatoes and Guinness and stir together well. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chili is nice and thick.
Add the beans to the pot then season to taste with additional salt or pepper. Serve the chili with any or all of the toppings.