Fattoush Salad with Sumac Dressing
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Spice Your Life Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Spice Your Life sumac spice
- 1 teaspoon Spice Your Life Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Spice Your Life olive oil
- 4 servings pita chips
- 2 cucumbers sliced into cross sections
- 4 radishes sliced into cross sections
- 1 ½ cup sweet grape tomatoes cut into 2 halves
- 4 scallions cut into about 1/3 inch lengths
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped into about 1 ½ inch size pieces
- 1 cup mint, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
Put crushed garlic clove, smoked sea salt, sumac, smoked paprika, lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Briskly whisk all ingredients together. Set dressing aside to allow flavors to infuse.
Mix the cucumbers, radishes, grape tomatoes, scallions, and romaine lettuce in a big salad bowl. Add chopped mint and/or parsley if desired.
Just before serving, add pita chips to the salad mix. Drizzle sumac dressing over the salad, mix all ingredients together, and serve.
The salad dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for a few days. Add the pita chips and salad dressing immediately before serving or the pita chips will become soggy.
Sweet Smoked Paprika