Easy Thai Coconut Green Curry Soup
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 15-20 min
- 3 tablespoons lite coconut milk
- 5 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce (or more, to taste)
- 4 teaspoons Spice Your Life Thai Coconut Green Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste (optional)
- 1 3 ounce pack of pre-cooked Kame Vietnamese Pho Express Rice Noodles
- 2 scallions, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli florets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Saute the sliced shitake mushrooms in coconut milk in a 2 quart saucepan on low heat until mushrooms begin to soften, about 5-10 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, fish sauce, Thai Coconut Green Curry Powder, and lemongrass paste (optional) over medium heat. Simmer for ~8 minutes until flavors mix. Add 1 pack of the pre-cooked Rice Noodles, diced scallions, steamed broccoli and heat for 1-2 minutes. After flavors meld, ladle soup into bowls and top with chopped fresh cilantro and finely chopped red pepper (optional).
Thai Coconut Green Curry Powder
Note:The pre-cooked Kame Rice Noodles shorten the cooking time for this recipe. If you don’t have access to the pre-cooked rice noodles, substitute 5 ounces of cooked conventional rice noodles.