Easy Chicken Soup with Turkish Spice
YIELD: 4 large servings PREP TIME: 15 min COOKING TIME: 10-60 min
- 1 tablespoon Butter Olive Oil
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons Turkish Spice Rub
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillion Roasted Chicken Base (or similar product)
- 1 2/3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans (liquid drained)
- ½ cup chopped Italian Parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a 3 or 4 quart saucepan sauté the celery and onion in 1 tablespoon of Butter Olive Oil for ~5 minutes until they are translucent. Add 2 tablespoons of Turkish Spice Rub while stirring and sauté a few minutes more to allow the celery and onion to assume some of its flavor.
Add 4 cups of chicken stock, 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillion Roasted Chicken Base, 1 and 2/3 cups of diced cooked chicken, 15 ounces of cannellini beans, and ¼ cup of chopped Italian Parsley.
Simmer for 10 minutes or much longer if desired. If you simmer this soup longer, the flavors will become more complex.
Top with grated Parmesan Cheese and the remaining chopped Italian Parsley before serving.
If you want to serve this soup quickly, you can add more Turkish Spice Rub to confer a more complex flavor profile.
Turkish Spice Rub