Easy Champagne Vinegar Coleslaw
YIELD: 6 servings PREP TIME: 20 min
- ¼ head thinly sliced head of green cabbage
- 1 whole shredded carrot
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey or ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1-2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Coarsely ground Five Peppercorn Melange to taste
- Maldon Smoked Sea Salt to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and olive oil and set aside. In a separate bowl mix together cabbages, carrots, green onions, and celery seed.
Next pour a small amount of the dressing on the cabbage mixture and mix until combined. Add additional dressing until the desired amount of dressing is achieved.
Season with salt and pepper, and chill before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
If you plan to make this salad ahead of time, keep the dressing and cabbage mixture separate until right before you are ready to serve. Otherwise the cabbage mixture will wilt or become soggy.