Cucumber Salad with Aleppo and Sesame
YIELD: 4-6 servings PREP TIME: 15 min TOTAL TIME: 15 min
- 1/3 cup Spice Your Life Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Spice Your Life Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fish sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced in cross sections
- 3 scallions, cut into ~1/4 inch long pieces
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, Aleppo Pepper Flakes, and salt in a small bowl. Add fish sauce, to taste, if desired. Set aside.
Put sliced cucumbers into a medium sized bowl and top with chopped scallions and peanuts. Drizzle dressing on top. Stir to mix. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top if desired.
Stir the salad just before serving to make sure the dressing is evenly distributed.
If this salad is not served immediately, place it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
Aleppo Pepper Flakes
Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
Toasted Japanese Sesame Oil