Chocolate Cake with Whiskey
YIELD: 6-8 small servings PREP TIME: 20 min BAKE TIME: 25-35 min
- 1 Tbsp butter (for buttering the springform baking pan)
- 3/4 cup Spice Your Life Butter Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup whiskey (you may add up to 2 Tbsp more if you desire stronger whiskey flavor)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Your Life garam masala spice blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Spice Your Life Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Powdered sugar, to dust on top
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter the inside of a 10-inch round springform cake pan and dust with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder.
In a medium saucepan combine the whiskey, Butter Olive Oil, and 1/3 cup cocoa powder and warm over low heat. Add the granulated sugar and light brown sugar, stirring occasionally until the sugars dissolve. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool to room temp.
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and garam masala. In a separate medium bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla and balsamic vinegar.
Gradually whisk egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the previously prepared springform pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean when removed (25-35 minutes). Remove cake from oven and cool on a wire rack. When cool, remove from the springform pan. Dust with powdered sugar on top.
Butter Olive Oil
Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar